Senior Spotlight: Riley George

Jayda Logan, Reporter

Riley George, senior, plans to attend MidAmerica Nazarene University with a cheer scholarship to study nursing. George has always had a passion for helping and caring for people.
“I have always wanted to help people and be available to them and their needs. I believe this is the best way for me to do that,” George said.
During her time at the high school, George had a lot of support from her teachers to pursue her future career.
“Some of my teachers also helped encourage me to do something I am passionate about like nursing,” George said.
George’s favorite memories were spending time with her friends during the school day and being a part of a small-town high school. Her favorite thing to do was go to high school football games and attend junior prom.
“I enjoyed prom because it was a very fun experience and I loved going to after prom and watching the hypnotist,” George said.
George said her class will leave behind great things as they continue their next steps in life.
“A legacy I think that our class will leave on PHS is the overall attitude of positivity towards everything, even if it was hard. Also the determination to achieve goals,” George said.
George said she will miss the family atmosphere at Paola High School
“I will miss the community the most, seeing everyone in the halls and spending as much time together as we could. I will also miss seeing the teachers that I have become closer to,” George said.
After George’s years in high school, she has found that her takeaway is to try everything.
“My best learning experience while in high school is to try every possible activity, club, or sport you want because you never know what you might love,” George said.