Senior Spotlight: Laurynn Shry

Katie Heger, Reporter

Laurynn Shry, senior, has big plans for her future. She will be attending Pitt State University and will be majoring in Kinesiology, the study of human movement.
“I just know I want to be able to help people and try and make them be able to do the things they once did,” she said.
High school was a huge part of Shry’s life, but she said that doesn’t stop her from being ecstatic about her future.
“I can’t wait to start the next chapter of my life and thanks to everyone who made the years go by,” Shry said.
The best part of her high school years was getting to be a part of the band, she said. Shry chose Pitt State because she will be able to continue playing her instrument with the university’s band.
Shry said it’s very important for students to stay involved. Band helped her look forward to things like Friday night football and cheering on her team. She also said being a part of the band or other school activities helped her find people she can always count on.
The ending to her senior year was very abrupt, but Shry said she has kept a realistic point of view.
“I was sad about it at first, but there is nothing we can do besides stay inside and follow the quarantine rules so this can all pass over,” she said.