Senior Spotlight: Haleigh West

Senior+Haleigh+West+plans+to+major+in+leadership+and+secondary+education+at+MNU+in+the+fall.+

Senior Haleigh West plans to major in leadership and secondary education at MNU in the fall.

Mady Robertson, Reporter

Haleigh West has dipped her toe into almost every club and school activity she could. They taught her many things like social skills and how to learn from mistakes.
“My best memory PHS has brought me is just being so involved and all the memories that go along with that,” she said.
During her senior year, West was Senior Ad Editor for journalism, president of Developmental Leadership, vice president of KAY club, STUCO rep for the senior class and a cheerleader.
“These things have brought me so many friends and good times that I wouldn’t trade for anything,” she said.
West said she made many friends and built a family in high school.
“PHS has brought me some of the best friends I have ever had through dance, cheer, clubs, and activities. The journalism room specifically had become a home for me. Chayer was my seminar adviser, journalism teacher for two blocks, and taught my English class.”
West said she experienced positivity and love from teachers and friends and created memories that helped shape the person she is today.
“My high school career has taught me so many life lessons,” she said. “I have been able to learn from mistakes and I have also met a lot of people, students, and faculty both, that I look up to and they have made me a better person.”
The classes West took affected her greatly and helped her not be timid to ask for help or give a helping hand.
“Developmental Leadership taught me communication and people skills that I have found very useful,” she said. “I am not as shy to reach out to people or to help others.”
West plans to exercise these skills to minor in leadership and study secondary education at MidAmerica Nazarene University
“My inspiration for attending MNU is the Godly aspect and how the campus has such a family feel to it. I am looking forward to growing in my relationship with God and getting to meet people and friends that have the same aspirations,” she said.