Senior Spotlight: Tristen Haddock

Photo 1: Tristen Haddock, senior, smiles for her senior pictures on Oct. 6, Photo 2: Haddock, poses for her senior pictures on Oct. 6. Photo 3: Haddock, prepares to perform in the halftime show with the band on Oct. 18.

Jayda Logan, Reporter

Tristen Haddock, participated in multiple activities at the high school, had her plans derail, along with others in the class of 2020.
Haddock took part in cross country, track and band where she experienced her most cherished memories.
Haddock hopes to carry on the family tradition of attending the home of Cowboy Joe, the mascot of Wyoming University, where she plans to study psychology. Haddock will be calling Laramie, Wyoming home for the next few years. Haddock wishes she could have had a chance to properly say goodbye to her teachers and classmates, but she knows everything happens for a reason.
“It’s one more thing preparing everyone for their futures,” Haddock said.
Haddock said she learned a lot from her time at the high school, but the most important lesson she learned was being able to take risks.
“Putting myself out of my comfort zone to try new things and learning to be more comfortable in my own skin would be the most important lessons I personally went through,” Haddock said.
Haddock is thankful for the opportunity to have made lifelong friends in her last four years of school.
“My friends have always been so incredibly supportive. I wouldn’t trade them for the world. Even after high school, I know we’ll stay in touch,” she said.
Haddock said her class is now and will forever be seen as resilient and determined to get where they want to be even with obstacles that could lead them off of their path to success. She said she hopes this class is able to leave a legacy of a family atmosphere that she felt when as a part of the high school.
“Future classes will definitely struggle to beat our ‘senior skip day,” Haddock said.