Senior spotlight: Johnny Colwell

Senior spotlight: Johnny Colwell

Lillian Davis, Reporter

“I screamed at the top of my lungs every touchdown, I felt as if the players could hear my voice alone coming from the rat pack,” Johnny Colwell, senior, said.
Colwell said some of his favorite memories from his time at PHS came from Friday nights cheering on his fellow classmates from the stands as they won game after game.
“The best part of high school for me was being a part of the rat pack at football games and being able to hang out with my friends in a positive winning environment,” Colwell said.
Colwell may have been a little rowdy in the rat pack, but the lessons he learned from high school were more serious. He said he learned the importance of doing your own work and taking the things you learn in school seriously.
“High school was a lot of fun for me and I would tell underclassmen to never take for granted the small moments and victories,” Colwell said, “I’ll cherish the friendships and memories I have made throughout high school, but I’m excited for the next chapter of my life.”
Colwell said he encourages other students to make the most of their time at PHS because senior year will be here before you know it and you never know what the future holds.
“I hope to make all my teachers, classmates, teammates, and family proud,” Colwell said.
Colwell plans to either attend Pitt State University or the Emporia State University in the fall, majoring in accounting with a minor in business administration.